SONYA B. BERGQUIST
- Present Position
Senior Actuarial Analyst
Provides property and casualty, accident and health, and life insurance actuarial, technical, and auditing services. Works with the Consulting Actuaries in conducting feasibility, reserve, and funding analyses for insurance entities and self-insured groups; and in conducting actuarial analyses for state insurance departments (risk-focused and other statutory actuarial examinations, property rate filing evaluations, and captive and risk retention group application reviews). Responsibilities include gathering, reconciling, auditing, and analyzing loss and loss adjustment expense data; developing spreadsheets; testing reserve factors; researching underlying issues; performing analytic procedures; completing actuarial calculations and routine reviews; technically reviewing actuarial spreadsheets; and preparing actuarial exhibits, workpapers, reports, and opinions. Also assists in project management and working with the Actuarial Analysts.
Began working for Taylor-Walker as an Actuarial Analyst in July 2017. Ms. Bergquist provides actuarial assistance in conducting feasibility, reserve, and funding studies for our industry clientele. Some of the companies and self-insured groups with whom Ms. Bergquist works are listed below:
- 84 Indemnity Company, Inc.
- Bear River Mutual Insurance Company
- Cherokee Guarantee Company, Inc., A RRG
- I Builder Insurance Company
- Kornerstone Guaranty Insurance Company
- Landcar Casualty Company
- Oakley Insurance Services, Inc.
- RCCS Insurance Company
- Sonsio, LLC
Ms. Bergquist also participates in numerous captive and risk retention group loss projection studies.
For our regulatory clients, Ms. Bergquist provides actuarial services on NAIC and other statutory financial examinations, on property rate filing evaluations, and on captive and risk retention group application reviews. Some of the risk-focused property and casualty, and accident and health actuarial examinations that Ms. Bergquist has worked on are as follows:
- Accredited Surety and Casualty Company, Inc.
- Alfa Insurance Group
- Baldwin Mutual Insurance Company
- ClearPath Mutual Insurance Company
- Commercial Hirecar Insurance Company, RRG
- Erie Insurance Group
- Florida Citrus, Business & Industries Fund
- Highmark Insurance Group
- Kentucky Associated General Contractors Self-Insurance Fund
- Louisville Area Governmental Self-Insurance Trust
- Premier Group Insurance Company
- Redbank Reinsurance Company
- Southwest Physicians Risk Retention Group, Inc.
- Star Casualty Insurance Company
- Sunland Risk Retention Group
Previously, Ms. Bergquist was employed by Westminster College. Her responsibilities included cleaning and organizing data for analysis, and performing analyses of cohort data to answer questions related to graduation rates and outcomes.
Ms. Bergquist is proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point, with some experience with Microsoft Access. She is also proficient in Java, R, Python, and Matlab.
- Professional Activities
Ms. Bergquist has passed the following actuarial examinations:
- Financial Math
- Investment and Financial Markets
IASAInsurance Accounting and Systems Association
WRCICWestern Region Captive Insurance Conference
BS, Westminster College, Mathematics with a Computer Science Minor - 2017